• Second news update of the day - read the morning update here for a ton of earlier news.
• There’s still a ton of problems with the eShop, Nintendo have issued a statement here recommending users not to create an NNID yet and to avoid eShop usage between 24:00 and 19:00.
• There will be two upcoming Arc System Works eShop sales: the first from 18 December until 1 January and the second from 1 - 15 January. I’ll list the full range of discounted titles nearer the time but it does include a couple of 80% off titles and a couple of retail games.
• As well as the YouTube app, the 3DS also hosts a free Honto app from today. Honto is a children’s ebook provider starting as cheap as ¥100 and up-to ¥1.000. Go to http://hontofor3ds.jp/ for more.
• The Harvest December game listed earlier for next week is actually a ¥100 visual novel and the first in a new ‘petit novel’ series. Go to http://flyhighworks.heteml.jp/games/novel12/ for more.
• Both Famitsu and eShop charts posted. Pokemon X & Y was the most successful retail game and another Game Freak game Soriti Horse for digital. Impressive showing in both charts for Attack on Titan.
• I’ll update all the videos tomorrow as there’s a ton but for now an AWESOME video for The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods 2 (A Link Between Worlds) at http://youtu.be/_jIY7I1SkC4 - Nintendo are unashamedly promoting this in Japan as a direct sequel to A Link to the Past.
• That’s all for today. I’ll be posting the most fantastic piece of 3DS merchandise tomorrow so see you then! And thanks for following!1 note link >
• Latest Charts
01./00. [3DS] Soriti Horse
02./07. [3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2
03./14. [3DS] Urban Trial Freestyle
04./19. [3DS] Kiwamero! Moment Jump Test
05./00. [3DS] Phosphorescent Lantse
06./00. [3DS] Attack on Titan
07./09. [3DS] Chat Chat Everyone
08./05. [3DS] Picross e4
09./13 [Famicom] Super Mario Bros. 3
10./06. [3DS] SteamWorld Dig
11./08. [3DS] Touch Battle Tank 3D-2
12./15. [3DS] Charisou DX
13./18. [3DS] SIMPLE DL Vol. 16
14./00. [3DS] Death Train Escape Adventure Nightmare
15./00. [3DS] Game Zanmai
16./00. [3DS] Pokemon AR Searcher
17./20. [DSiWare] 10 Second Run
18./00. [3DS] Puyo Puyo!! Mini Version
19./00. [3DS] Pokemon X
20./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4
The Nintendo promotion games have vanished which certainly makes the charts more interesting! Soriti Horse benefits greatly from the demo version. Excellent positions for the full priced Hatsune Miku and Attack on Titan and great first week for Phosphorescent Lantse (pictured).1 note link >
• 3DS only
01./02. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y
02./00. [3DS] Attack on Titan
03./00. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy
04./00. [3DS] Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Clash! Duel Carnival!
05./00. [3DS] Bravely Default -For the Sequel-
06./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4
07./01. [3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2
08./09. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
09./03. [3DS] One Piece: Unlimited World R
10./05. [3DS] Aikatsu! 2
01./01. Nintendo 3DS LL
02./02. Wii U
03./03. Nintendo 3DS
04./04. PlayStation Vita
05./05. PlayStation 3
06./07. PlayStation Portable
07./06. PlayStation Vita TV
09./09. Xbox 360
01./00. [PS3] Gran Turismo 6
02./00. [WII] Dragon Quest X Expansion
03./02. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y
04./00. [3DS] Attack on Titan
05./00. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy
06./00. [WIU] Dragon Quest X Expansion
07./07. [WIU] Wii Party U
08./10. [WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U
09./05. [WIU] Super Mario 3D World
10./00. [3DS] Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Clash! Duel Carnival!
Hardware charts again Media Create (for Vita TV) and software Famitsu (download cards). Excellent debut for Attack on Titan (89K) and reasonable for Inazuma Eleven (85K), Gaist Crusher bombed:-( 3DS god-like at 125K and awesome Wii U! Full chart listings at http://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/1 note link >
After the six Arika developed 3D Classics for Nintendo and the eight M2 developed 3D Classics for Sega (not forgetting the supposed December release of 3D Steel Empire by STAR☆FISH), Sega have announced the first in their second series of 3D Classics: 3D After Burner II. Based on the Arcade version and featuring all the 3D modes of the first batch of titles, D After Burner II will release next week on the eShop for ¥800. Hopefully the second series will be another eight games long. What other titles would you like to see? OutRun is an obvious candidate for release but one I would be incredibly excited about! And count me in for a 3D Phantasy Star collection!
(Source: archives.sega.jp)1 note link >
• So much news to report that there will be two updates today! The eShop should now be working so install the system update, doodle on Miiverse and buy (and play!) Bravely Default!
• In absolutely no order - Tomodachi Collection Version 1.2 is needed to enable Miiverse integration.
• YouTube is finally available in Japan for 3DS.
• Final Fantasy is coming to the Virtual Console next week.
• Sega begin series two of their 3D Classics range with After Burner II.
• Next week’s other eShop releases include Charisou DX 2 Galaxy, Swords & Darkness, World Conqueror 3D, AiRace Speed and Harvest December.
• Rumours abound of Super Famicom titles on 3DS due to the ‘accidental’ placing of a 3DS in the Wii U Virtual Console listing of Contra Spirits 3.
• There’s apparently a hidden video of Bravely Second within the new Bravely Default. View at http://youtu.be/KTlcc76sWQk
• Copied and pasted (thanks GoNintendo!) Famitsu scores below:-
High School DxD (3DS) – 8/7/7/6 [28/40]
Metal Fight Beyblade: 4D x Zero-G Ultimate Tournament (3DS) – 7/6/6/5 [24/40]
Nekoko no Album: My Little Cat (3DS) – 8/7/7/6 [28/40]
• I need to sleep now people! Be back later for today’s proper news update and the latest charts!4 notes link >
Not a new entry, but the very first Famicom Final Fantasy is coming to the Virtual Console next week for ¥500. Hopefully this means the Western version is coming soon (plus II and III). Sega are also releasing the first of their second wave of 3D Classics. More on this later!
• The 3DS system update is available bringing Miiverse and NNID amongst other goodness to the 3DS. The eShop however is mostly DOWN for most people. This is not your 3DS at fault but a fault at Nintendo’s end.
• I’ll try to be quick with the news as late for work - yesterday Fret’s (a Japanese ISP) announced a partnership with Nintendo and two super limited edition Super Mario 3DS LLs.
• This week’s Famitsu reveals that Sega are working on a free-to-play game based on the manga Initial D Perfect Shift Online due for release this Spring. More when I have it.
• A new Digimon title will be revealed at Jump Festa on 21 December. Expect it for 3DS although no guarantees. Teaser at http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/digimon_game/
• Arc System Works are bringing the war simulation game World Conqueror 3D to the eShop on the 18th for ¥600. Go to http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/arcstyle/wc3d/ for more information.
• Teyon are bringing SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition to Japan in January for ¥300. Go to http://www.teyon.jp/games/speedx3d-hyper-edition/ for more.
• The latest Jump Magazine has a free Kuroko’s Basketball: Miraculous Victory AR card and I *think* QR code for a trial version.
• Tomorrow’s eShop update (if it returns! Ha!) will feature an Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy demo.
• DLC is coming to Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind from 20 December. Ridiculous a game so lacking in content expects you to pay for added content.
• That’s all I have time for but not all the news! Even Bravely Default will have to bravely wait until tomorrow:-/ Thanks for following!4 notes link >
Go to the eShop to download and install the latest system update which brings Miiverse and Nintendo Network ID to 3DS. NNID will be the same as your Wii U ID or as your intended ID for future Nintendo systems. There is also a combined eShop balance for your Wii U and 3DS accounts as well as singular Mii between both systems. Other changes include the scrapping of the five system limit in system transfers and the 3DS camera is now activated via simultaneously pressing L & R so less chance of the annoying camera accidentally opening up! I’ll post more on the update in today’s news update but for now enjoy Miiverse! Check out the video of the update at http://youtu.be/q9ZGHxGRSzU
Square Enix are set to release some Smile Slime 3DS accessories alongside the launch of Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (6 February). Some even come in orange (my favourite colour!). First of all there are two 3DS LL pouches in blue or black (¥1,300), secondly a touch pen and cleaner cloth set available in blue, grey or orange (¥900), even though unpractical wouldn’t the cloths look awesome shaped as a slime? Finally there’s a couple of card cases available in blue or orange (¥1,000) which may hold just a couple of game cards but that’s a couple of Dragon Quest game cards more than what are available in English:-(
(Source: store.jp.square-enix.com)8 notes link >
Nintendo have teamed up with Japanese Internet Service Provider Flet’s to release these two ultra limited 3DS LLs. Costing ¥19,900 and limited to just 100 (!), you have to have Flet’s be your provider in order to own one.
(Source: flets.com)6 notes link >
• Pre-orders for Puzzle & Dragons Z are very high. Expect first week sales of over 800K. This week will see Attack on Titan sell well with Yu-Gi-Oh!, Inazuma Eleven and Bravely Default underneath. Expect Gaist Crusher to sadly bomb huge.
• Square Enix have opened up the official website for Bravely Second at http://www.jp.square-enix.com/second/ - if anyone is undecided about buying the original yet and have previously enjoyed an old Squaresoft RPG then buy this game!
• Keep checking your 3DS for the system update. It’s coming. VERY SOON! The update will bring Miiverse to 3DS (seriously, Miiverse is ace!), NNID (Nintendo Network ID) and shared eShop balance between Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
• On the video front: another Puyo Puyo Tetris video [here], a thirty minute Capcom Channel spectacular [here], a promotional video of the battle with Happy Santa Claus in Gaist Crusher [here] and another gameplay video of One Piece: Unlimited World R [here].
• Version 1:1 of Daigasso! Band Brothers P is available for download. Go to http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/anej/update/index.html for more information. They’ve fixed a couple of issues and added a scoring function.
• There will be some Smile Slime accessories available alongside Dragon Quest Monsters 2 launch including a 3DS LL pouch (¥1,300), touch pen and cleaner cloth set (¥900) and card case (¥1,000). I’ll do a separate post with pictures later!
• That’s all for now. I’ll probably add to this post later today! And thanks for following!3 notes link >
The website has opened for the full sequel to the amazing Bravely Default and the first screenshots are available. The new character (pictured) is from the Moon and is called Satan Buster Magnolia Arch, such an infinitely cooler name than Tiz. Sadly there’s no release date nor price announced yet but expect Bravely Second in 2014, only on 3DS.
(Source: jp.square-enix.com)4 notes link >
Capcom’s ‘Monster Hunter for kids’ is half-right, yet upon starting up Gaist Crusher it soon becomes apparent that it shares less in common with Monster Hunter than initially assumed. Sure Rathalos is available to fight but Gaist Crusher is much, much faster based with short battles and short journeys to each boss (gaist). The story in Gaist Crusher is seemingly irrelevant in relation to the action but is something akin to the gaists attacking humans so you play as the red haired boy (other playable characters later unlockable) and literally become a ‘gaist crusher’.
Developed by Treasure (wiki them for their what’s what), the game starts off where the demo starts off, unfortunately having to repeat the said stages they are thankfully very intuitive, especially to the non-Japanese speaker. Despite less about monster hunting that Monster Hunter, Gaist Crusher proves that gaist crushing can be an appealing alternative. Playing (and looking) more like a children’s version of EX Troopers than Monster Hunter, the combat plays much like a 3D Final Fight, there’s even a nod to Street Fighter II with a tiger-esque uppercut.
The more you progress the more you unlock with customisable characters, gaist gear and weaponry. Each alters the tactics required to beat the game and add an incredible amount to it. After just an hour in I found my dream gear allowing an amazing Double Dragon-esque drop-kick bouncing from bad guy to bad guy. The fighting peaks with the two power-ups the protagonist can achieve: the first being akin to vintage Hulk Hogan ‘Hulking up’, the second being EX mode where you become a gaist for a limited time. Defeat more bosses to unlock the boss gaist!
Speaking of the bosses they are quite simply awesome. Appearing similar to the bosses in Ocarina of Time (in size and tactics needed to defeat them) with sadly just the cinematic intros used in Zelda V missing. However there is more than enough cinematics in the game with each mission and boss battle preceded by some impressive animation all fully voiced. Each boss is reached quickly with emphasis on fast pace throughout. On one hand there is always constant action and brawling with the next boss battle just a few geeks away, on the other it often leads to burn out and repetition.
The basic gameplay structure of Gaist Crusher is: select mission, watch cut scene (it is fast forwardable in-case you’re wondering), defeat geeks, defeat more geeks, defeat the same geeks over, endure another cut scene, fight boss, and repeat. It’s not just the repetition that spoils the fun as despite all the customisable aspects the game is actually very linear with little of Tokyo to explore and each set of geeks or boss battle taking place in what effectively is an arena. It’s such a shame as fundamentally Gaist Crusher is almost an amazing game.
Almost enough as each time you play after putting down for a couple of hours it feels hyperbolically as the best game ever until the same repetition kicks in. Graphically and sonically Gaist Crusher cannot be faulted and it truly stands up there with the best brawlers on the system. Admittedly I haven’t had the opportunity to play the game with the ‘Gaimetal’ add-on toys yet so may amend my score at a later date if deemed necessary but for now I regrettably can only give a score in-between the excellently shambolic Toriko: Ultimate Survival and the excellently non-shambolic One Piece: Unlimited World R.
7.25/102 notes link >
Puzzle & Dragons Z. Releases on 12/12 for just ¥4,400 retail and ¥4,000 eShop. This game is gonna be million seller big! Check out the awesome demo on the eShop or the website at http://pad-3ds.gungho.jp for more information. Thanks to Mpl90.
Edit: updated Comgnet pre-order points are:-
[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z - 742pt (three days before release, still growing)
[3DS] Dragon Quest VII - 722pt (final)
[3DS] Animal Crossing New Leaf - 655pt (final)
First week sales for the two released games were:-
[3DS] Dragon Quest VII - 836.654
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 721.786
The likelihood of first week sales of Puzzle & Dragons Z being close to a million is moving from possible and closer to probable. Thanks to Sammy Samusu and hiska-kun.2 notes link >
Only hours before my review of the latest Capcom game goes live I find out we’re also only hours away from the Gaist Crusher Christmas limited mission being made available. Scan a QR code from the Gaist Crusher website (http://www.gaist.jp) from tomorrow to play the mission and fight Happy Santa Claus and Hale Frost. The mission is available from tomorrow until Boxing Day.